Bob FitzgeraldTerm Expires: November 2016
Mark HarwoodTerm Expires: November 2016
Nancy HicksTerm Expires: October 2020
Judy MoselyTerm Expires: October 2020
Myles OwensTerm Expires: September 2017
Mon Sep. 25
Sun Oct. 1Jazz in the Park | 2017 We look forward to bringing Jazz in the Park on Sunday October 1st from 4 to 9 pm on the "Municipal Lawn" (just like last year). "Magic City Smooth Jazz" is the non-profit organization that brings in the national jazz talent, the staging, the sound and the lights. Magic City Smooth Jazz has Alabaster as part of their published and advertised "Jazz in the Park" series.
Mon Oct. 9
Mon Oct. 23
Sun Nov. 5Daylight Savings Time Ends (DST) Remember to turn your clocks back one hour and enjoy the extra hour of rest.
Mon Nov. 13
The Albert L. Scott Library Board has five members which are appointed by the Alabaster city Council to staggered four year terms.
View the Albert L. Scott Library Board Summary (PDF)
Summary of Duties
- The Library Board shall have full power and authority to:
- Control the expenditure of all funds received or appropriated for such library.
- Erect or rent buildings to cost not in excess of funds available to it.
- Purchase books and equipment.
- Provide a system of library service to be made easily available to all citizens of the county or municipality through central library, branches, stations, book truck service or other appropriate means.
- Elect a librarian and other employees.
- Manage and control the said library in order to carry out the full intent and purpose of this chapter.
- A careful and complete record and set of books shall be kept by the library board, showing the proceedings of their several meetings and the receipts and disbursements in detail of all funds.
Section 11-90-1 through 11-90-4, Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
Albert L. Scott Library
For more information on the Albert L. Scott library and its’ services, please visit the Library page.