Fri Mar. 1 - Sun Mar. 31
Sun Mar. 31Teen Council Application Process Through March 31st To apply for a position on the Alabaster Teen Council.
Mon Apr. 1
Thu Apr. 4
Sat Apr. 6Clean Sweep | Volunteer Pickup Please click on the page link and fill-out the forms which must be completed to participate in the Volunteer Day.
Sat Apr. 13Clean Sweep | E-Recycling, Shred-It Event Shred-It Secure Document Shredding will be onsite to shred paper documents. Protec Recycling provides state-wide pickups for businesses and government, collecting obsolete and/or no-longer-used computers, electronics and IT equipment to be recycled in an environmentally-friendly way with no compromise to data security.
The Albert L. Scott Library Board has five members which are appointed by the Alabaster city Council to staggered four year terms.
View the Albert L. Scott Library Board Summary (PDF)
Summary of Duties
- The Library Board shall have full power and authority to:
- Control the expenditure of all funds received or appropriated for such library.
- Erect or rent buildings to cost not in excess of funds available to it.
- Purchase books and equipment.
- Provide a system of library service to be made easily available to all citizens of the county or municipality through central library, branches, stations, book truck service or other appropriate means.
- Elect a librarian and other employees.
- Manage and control the said library in order to carry out the full intent and purpose of this chapter.
- A careful and complete record and set of books shall be kept by the library board, showing the proceedings of their several meetings and the receipts and disbursements in detail of all funds.
Section 11-90-1 through 11-90-4, Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
Albert L. Scott Library
For more information on the Albert L. Scott library and its’ services, please visit the Library page.