- There are no alerts at this time.
2022 Thompson Youth Football This is a Full Contact sport for the following:
Volunteer / Coaching / Team Mom Requirements and Background Screening Information - pdf
- 1st through 6th graders (2022/2023 school year). Additional qualifications may apply before being accepted in this program.
- MUST turn 6 prior to August 2, 2022!
- NO 5-year-olds accepted! Absolutely NO Exceptions!
- 6-year-old Kindergartners will be playing with 1st and 2nd graders in the Rookie 1 division.
- Please call our office and ask for Jessica as On-Line Registration is not an option for Kindergartners.
- Community Play Rule: All players must play for the member park community in which they reside, or for the private school which they attend.
Registration: April 18 through May 31
- Online Registration Link (scroll down to On-Line Registration TAB for registration instructions):
April 18 at 8 AM through May 31 at 11 PM
- In Person at the Alabaster Parks & Rec Office located at 200 Depot Street:
- April 18 through May 31 ... Weekdays only from 8 AM until 5 PM
- Cost: $165 for 1st child
- Multi child discount: 10% after oldest child is paid in full
- Non-resident fee: Additional 10% per child
- We accept Cash, Visa, Master Card, and Discover
- No Checks accepted!
- Cash Payments: Please bring the exact amount owed as change will not be provided by our office.
- When paying with a debit/credit card, whether online or in person, there will be a 3.5% service fee assessed by Municipal Pay Services, AL. The City of Alabaster receives no additional revenue from this fee.
- Registration Forms will not be accepted or processed without payment. For special arrangements, contact Parks & Recreation. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for every child to participate.
More DETAILS: See tabbed links below.ALL Players are required to have a copy of their Birth Certificate on file with the Parks & Recreation Dept. If you have not submitted one in the past, you can do so by uploading to your online account, emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or delivering in person to our office.
Birth Certificate Notice:
Jefferson/Shelby Youth Football League (JSYFL)
Thompson Youth Football plays in the JSYFL.
JSYFL has the following divisions:
- 1 Rookie division
- 2 Junior divisions
- 2 Senior divisions
Each player must attend weigh-in and be certified in order to participate within the league.
- Certification Day - Sat., August 20, at Hoover Met.
- Each player will need Proof of Residence, copy of School Registration Form, and Birth Certificate.
- Make up Certification Day - Sat., August 27, in the Pelham Press Box.
Home Games will be played at Buck Creek Park located at:
701 6th Avenue Southwest
Alabaster, AL 35007
Single Game Nights:
- Games start at 6:30 PM
- Games start at 6:00 PM and 7:15 PM