- Parks & Recreation
- Start Smart
- Start Smart Baseball
Start Smart Baseball
Start Smart Baseball prepares children, ages 3 and 4, for organized Tee Ball, Baseball and Softball in a fun environment without the threat of competition or the fear of getting hurt. Parents work together with their children in a supportive environment to learn all of the basic skills for the sport - throwing, catching, batting, running, and agility. Parents work one-on-one with their children while they spend quality time with them.
This is a six week program on Tuesday nights. Each session lasts for one hour.
February 6 thru February 17 OR once 20 children have registered; whichever occurs first.
- Minimum Age: Child must turn 3 before April 30, 2023.
- Maximum Age: Child cannot turn 5 before April 30, 2023.
- Birth Certificate: A copy of the participant's Birth Certificate must be submitted at the time of Registration.
Maximum number of Participants: 20
IMPORTANT: If 20 children register prior to the last day of Registration, it will close out immediately.
OnLine Registration (scroll down to On-Line Registration TAB for registration instructions):
Feb. 6, 2023 at 8:00 AM thru Feb. 17, 2023 at 11:00 PM
In Person Registration: Feb. 6, 2023 thru Feb. 17, 2023 - weekdays only, from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM, at the Alabaster Parks and Recreation Office located at 200 Depot Street.
Fillable Registration Form - 2023 PDF
General Information and Session Schedule - 2023 PDF
- $ 90.00
- Multi child discount: 10% after oldest child is paid in full
- Non Resident fee: Additional 10% per child
- Visa, Master Card, Discover and Cash are Accepted.
- NO Checks accepted!
- Cash Payments: Please bring the exact amount owed as change will not be provided by our office.
- City of Alabaster Employees: You will need to register in person or contact Jessica Butler.
- This applies to those who receive their paycheck from the City of Alabaster.
- It does not include employees of Alabaster City Schools.
- Service Fee: When paying with a debit/credit card, whether online or in person, there will be a 3.5% service fee assessed by Municipal Pay Services, AL. The City of Alabaster receives no additional revenue from this fee.
- Registration Forms will not be accepted or processed without payment.
- For special arrangements, contact Parks & Recreation. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for every child to participate.
- Fees are subject to change.
The Fee Includes
- 1 Bat and Ball Set
- 2 Koosh Balls
- 1 Glove
- 1 Participant Manual
- 1 Participation Medal
- 1 T-Shirt
You will need to complete ALL of the following steps in order to activate your Registration:
NOTE: The Registration Link is at the end of the steps.
- Existing Account: Enter your Email and Password and select "SIGN IN".
- Password: If you've forgotten your password, select "Forgot Password?".
- New Account: Select "CREATE NEW ACCOUNT" and fill in the requested information.
- If your child isn't already part of your account, select "Add New".
- If your child is already listed, select "ADD REGISTRATION".
- You will need to complete all required information, then "ADD TO CART".
- If you skip any required information and hit "ADD TO CART", it won't advance to the next page.
- You should see the following: "ITEM SUCCESSFULLY ADDED TO CART".
- Select the blue button if you wish to "REGISTER ANOTHER" child.
- Select the red button, "VIEW CART", if you're ready to complete the process.
- Select "CHECK OUT".
- Select the blue button, "MAKE PAYMENT".
- Scroll down the page to enter your payment information.
- Select the blue button, "PROCESS PAYMENT".
- If you don't make your payment, your registration WILL NOT BE SAVED.
5. Registration History
- A receipt will NOT automatically be sent to you.
- If you would like a receipt, look at the menu on the left hand side and select "PROGRAM REGISTRATIONS" listed under "HISTORY". Next, select the icon under "EMAIL RECEIPT".
- Registration Form: If you would like a copy of your completed form, select the icon under "PRINT FORM".
- If you don't see the Registration you completed, please contact us immediately.
Also, if your payment doesn’t go through, your child is most likely not registered in the system.
If you have any issue while registering, please call our office to make sure your registration processed!