2017 Summer Reading Program
Please use the link below and complete the registration form so you can join us as we spend our summer continuing on the path of literacy.
2017 Summer Registration
Join our Build a Better World Summer Challenge crew!
Here’s the plan:
- Have F U N! the Challenge is for all kids whether or not they can read. Pre-literate children can listen to books read to them.
- All books must be checked out from the Albert L. Scott Library.
- Books on school reading lists count as long as they are checked out from our library. Talking books count. Magazines count if read from cover to cover.
- We kickoff The Challenge on June 1.
- Register online at cityofalabaster.com or at the library. If registering online get a goody bag containing your reading log from the library.
- Each child registers individually. The last day to register is July 8.
- At registration, decide how many library books you’ll read. That is your goal.
- As you complete books, write the titles in your log. Show your log to a staff member when you are due prizes and at your convenience. The staff member records your progress and gives you prizes. The prize sign is at the youth desk.
The earliest that prizes will be given is June 5.
- When you reach your goal you have completed The Challenge and you’ll be awarded a certificate. You may then enter the drawing for a bike donated by Bike Link. The drawing will be held during our Finale on July 12.
If your name is pulled you must be present to claim the prize.
You cannot be represented by siblings, parents, other relatives, or friends.
Some activities may require signing up in advance or are restricted by
age as indicated on the calendar, signs, website, and/or sign in sheets.
Programs are in the meeting room.
Children age 6 years old and younger must be with an adult during programs and activities.
Last day to enter drawings is July 11 at 7:30pm. Last day to get prizes and certificates is July 31.
Last day for certificates is July 31.