2016 Alabaster Christmas Parade
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 3
- Time: 10:00 AM
- Location: Highway 31 South
"The Joy of Christmas"
2016 Parade Winners:
CONGRATULATIONS to the following groups who each won a Santa trophy in the Parade:
"Best Use of Theme" - Joy's Dance Company And 2Blu and The Lucky Stiffs
"Most Creative" - Champy's Famous Fried Chicken
"Most Entertaining" - Dance Et Cetera
"Best Walking Entry" - Ortho South
"Best Holiday Spirit" - Alabaster Jazzercise
Registration for Parade Participants
Registration has been extended thru November 14.
NOTE: Absolutely NO registrations accepted after November 14.
Fees: There is no charge to participate in the Parade.
Who can register: Anyone can submit an application to participate in the parade; however, the City of Alabaster reserves the right to refuse any Person/Organization participation in the parade.
- No dirt bikes allowed.
- No live Santa's allowed. The only Santa in the parade will be riding on an Alabaster fire truck.
We ask all participants to decorate their float/vehicle in relation to the parade theme, and have plenty of candy to throw to the spectators.
A Santa trophy will be awarded for each of the following categories:
- Best Use of Theme
- Most Creative
- Most Entertaining
- Best Holiday Spirit
- Best Walking Entry
- Create account.
a. Enter your name, address, email, etc.
c. Scroll down.
2. Add Participant
a. Add yourself.
c. Scroll down.
d. Go to Account.
3. Register Individual (located under "What would you like to do")
a. Enter Parade information.
b. Process Registration.
You can submit a completed registration form by .....
- Emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing it to: Alabaster Parks & Recreation, 100 Depot Street, Alabaster, AL 35007
- Faxing it to: 205-664-6842
IMPORTANT: If you do not receive an approval email from us, please call to make sure we received your form prior to Nov.15.
Parade Registration Information 2016 PDF
Parade Registration Form 2016 PDF
- The parade begins at Ernest McCarty Ford.
- Proceeds South to the Alabaster Police Station where the judges platform is located.
- Turns and goes over the train tracks, past Alabaster Auto, past the Thrift Store shopping center.
- It ends at the stop sign in front of Southbrook Village on 1st Street Southwest.
In order to view all of the parade entries, you will need to be South of Faith Consignment across from the 1022 Tower.
NOTE: Candy will be thrown along the parade route. Please do not enter Highway 31 to retrieve candy as that creates a dangerous situation!
Southbound traffic on Highway 31 will be rerouted to the Northbound side at 9:15 AM.
Highway 31 North will become two lanes for North and Southbound traffic.
We will be monitoring the weather. The parade will occur whether it's rain or shine unless conditions become unsafe for parade participants and spectators.
If the parade has to be cancelled, it will not be made up.
Rain-Out Line: 205-378-4055