Registration for Tackle Football:
IMPORTANT: We are proceeding with Registration. However, due to the current uncertainty of everything related to the Pandemic, we are not accepting any payments until we know we can move forward with the season. Please watch for future emails from us as well as website updates regarding this situation.
2020 Thompson Youth Football
- For 1st through 6th grades (2020/2021 school year). Additional qualifications may apply before being accepted in this program.
- MUST turn 6 prior to August 2, 2020!
- NO 5-year-olds accepted! Absolutely NO Exceptions!
- 6-year-old Kindergartners will be playing with 1st and 2nd graders in the Rookie 1 division.
- Please call our office and ask for Morgan as you can't register Kindergartners online.
- Community Play Rule: All players must play for the member park community in which they reside, or for the private school which they attend.
May 19, 2020 through June 1, 2020
Extended thru June 30, 2020 - subject to change prior to the 30th!
- Online Registration (see tabbed link below): May 19 at 8 AM through June 1 at 11 PM
- In Person at the Alabaster Parks & Rec Office located at Veterans Park:
- May 19 through June 1 ... Weekdays only from 8 AM until 5 PM
- Cost: $165 for 1st child
- Multi child discount: 10% after oldest child is paid in full
- Non-resident fee: Additional 10% per child
- No Checks! We accept Cash, Visa, Master Card, and Discover
- Note: When paying with a debit/credit card, whether online or in person, there will be a 4.5% service fee assessed by Municipal Pay Services, AL. The City of Alabaster receives no additional revenue from this fee.
More DETAILS: See tabbed links below.ALL Players are required to have a copy of their Birth Certificate on file with the Parks & Recreation Dept. If you have not submitted one in the past, you can do so by uploading to your online account, emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or delivering in person to our office.
Birth Certificate Notice:
Jefferson/Shelby Youth Football League (JSYFL)
Thompson Youth Football plays in the JSYFL.
JSYFL has the following divisions:
- 1 Rookie division
- 2 Junior divisions
- 2 Senior divisions
Each player must attend weigh-in and be certified in order to participate within the league.
- Certification Day - To Be Announced.
- Each player will need Proof of Residence, copy of School Registration Form, and Birth Certificate.
- Make up Certification Day - To Be Announced.
Home Games will be played at Buck Creek Park located at:
701 6th Avenue Southwest
Alabaster, AL 35007
Single Game Nights:
- Games start at 6:30 PM
- Games start at 6:00 PM and 7:15 PM